How-to: Create and manage desk reservations
Requires OfficeMaps Professional
Many users require the ability to reserve a desk for some day in the future.
There are 2 methods for creating a desk reservation:
- Web browser on a PC, laptop or tablet
- Mobile app on an iOS or Android device
Creating a reservation in the browser client
- Find a desk that you would like to reserve and hover your mouse pointer over its name. The desks availability calendar will be displayed
- Dates shown in green are available. Dates shown in orange are already reserved by you and dates with a cross are unavailable. Click on an available date to confirm your reservation.
- Your reserved date will now be shown in orange.
Create a desk reservation
Viewing reservations in the browser client
- To show your upcoming reservations, click on your name in the top left corner.
- Reservations dates are shown in your profile.
- Click on a date to view more information about your reservation.
- Click on the desk name to view the desk on the map.
View upcoming reservation details
Cancelling a reservation in the browser client
- To show the reservation that you wish to cancel, click on your name in the top left corner.
- Click on the date of the reservation that you wish to cancel.
- Click 'Cancel Reservation' and then confirm.
Cancelling a reservation
Creating a reservation in the mobile client
- From the main menu, tap on 'Reserve'.
Create a reservation
- Tap on 'Click to select a date'.
- Select the date for your reservation from the calendar by tapping it.
- Tap 'Select'.
- Tap on 'Click to select a site level'.
- Select the site and level that you wish to book a desk for.
Select the site and level to reserve a desk
- Tap 'Click to select a Desk'.
- Tap on the desk to reserve.
Choose a desk
- Tap 'Reserve'
View and cancel reservations in the mobile client
- Reservations can be viewed by tapping on the 'Reservations' tab on the main menu.
Reservations are found under the reservations tab
- To cancel a reservation, select the reservation date and tap on 'Cancel'
- Tap on 'Yes, please cancel'
Cancel a reservation
Configuring desk reservations
Requires OfficeMaps Professional For information regarding how to create and manage a reservation please see this article https://help.officemaps.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-create-and-manage-desk-reservations Reservations allow users to select ...
Using Zapier to Create Users
By using the OfficeMaps Zapier integration you can create users from over 2000 other applications including Slack, SQL Server, G Suite, IMAP Email Servers, and AWS. Before starting you will need to have a Zapier account and have connected it to your ...
How to Print Desk Number Labels
Purpose In flexible working environments it is often useful for employees to be able to easily identify the specific desk or work point where they are located. Since OfficeMaps allows every desk to have a unique code, the steps below allow labels or ...
Using a Field in AD for Desk Allocation during OfficeMaps Sync
OfficeMaps has an AD Sync process to add users and associated properties from AD. Information about this is available in the article Sync People from AD. As part of this function, Administrators can specify a field in AD that is used to assign each ...
Viewing and Editing Assets in the Desk Panel
Data Panels provide information about people and objects in OfficeMaps and can be invoked by clicking on the corresponding Data Panel label under the name of the level when using the Location Tree or by selecting an object that appears on a map. ...