How to: Create and manage desk reservations
Requires OfficeMaps Professional
Many users require the ability to reserve a desk for some day in the future.
Creating a reservation in the browser client
There are 2 methods to create a desk reservation:
- Find a desk that you would like to reserve and hover your mouse pointer over its name. The desks availability calendar will be displayed.
- Dates shown in green are available. Dates shown in orange are already reserved by you and dates with a cross are unavailable. Click on an available date to confirm your reservation.
- Your reserved date will now be shown in orange.
Hover your mouse pointer over a desk
- Click on the reserve button on the top bar.
- Use the calendar icon to select the time period you want to reserve the desk. Click on the desk you want to reserve to confirm your reservation.
- With the reserve button you can also use filters to select a specific desk with a specific feature, eg. a dual monitor or a standing desk. After selecting the date, you can select which features you want, OfficeMaps will display the available desks with that specific feature. Click on the desk to confirm your reservation.
Using the reserve button
Viewing reservations in the browser client
- To show your upcoming reservations, click on your name in the top left corner.
- Reservations dates are shown in your profile.
- Click on a date to view more information about your reservation.
- Click on the desk name to view the desk on the map.
Cancelling a reservation in the browser client
- To show the reservation that you wish to cancel, click on your name in the top left corner.
- Click on the date of the reservation that you wish to cancel.
- Click 'Cancel Reservation' and then confirm.
Cancelling a reservation
Configuring desk reservations
Requires OfficeMaps Professional For information regarding how to create and manage a reservation please see this article https://help.officemaps.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-create-and-manage-desk-reservations Reservations allow users to select ...
[Mobile] How to: Create and manage desk reservations in the Mobile Client
Creating a reservation in the mobile client From the main menu, tap on 'Reserve'. Create a reservation Tap on 'Click to select a date'. Select the date for your reservation from the calendar by tapping it. Tap 'Select'. Tap on 'Click to select a site ...
How To: Make a reservation on behalf of another user
Only Administrator and Instance Administrators can make a reservation on behalf of another user. To make a reservation on behalf of another user: Click on the 'Reserve' button on the top menu bar; Change the name displayed to the user's name that you ...
How to: Create a new Asset Type
To create a new Asset Type: Click on the arrow on the left top corner (on top of your username). Click on the 'Preferences' button. Click on the 'Assets' button on the left side bar. Click on the 'Add Asset Type' blue button. Asset Configuration A ...
How to: Disable Reservations for Individual Assets
OfficeMaps now allows Administrators to Disable Reservations for Individual Assets. In some cases, you may wish to completely disable reservations of particular assets while still allowing check in to them. Some examples of this might be: Disable the ...